Review Checklist - Sample Questions
General and Exploration
- How far is Saturn from the Sun?
- Is Saturn visible with the naked eye?
- Where and at what time can Saturn be seen
- Why are Saturn's rings sometimes very bright,
other times barely visible?
- How large is Saturn compared to the Earth?
- How does Saturn's density compare to that
of other planets?
- What surprised astronomers about what Voyager
saw around Saturn?
- Are there spacecraft from Earth currently
on or around Saturn?
- Which spacecraft is on its way to Saturn,
and when will it get there?
Features and Interior
- Why isn't it easy to see Saturn's rotation
rate by looking at its surface?
- In what does Saturn's appearance differ from
- Which other planet is Saturn's structure
and atmosphere most similar to?
- Why does Saturn have a less varied appearance
- Does the energy that Saturn radiates come
from the Sun?
Rings and Moons
- What are Saturn's rings made of?
- How were Saturn's rings formed?
- What is the Cassini division?
- How many moons does Saturn have?
- What effect does the moon Mimas have on Saturn's
- What is the Roche limit? What does it have
to do with the rings?
- Why are all of Saturn's major moons outside
- What is special about Saturn's moon Titan?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012