Review Checklist - Sample Questions
Life in the Universe
- Where did the original atmosphere on Earth
- Where did the water on Earth come from?
- Where did the complex organic molecules necessary
for life on Earth come from?
- Do we have evidence that complex organic
molecules can spontaneously form?
- What did Urey and Miller do in their experiments?
- How long ago did modern-looking humans appear?
- If a different life form was not carbon based,
what could it be?
- Where in the solar system is there a higher
chance for life to exist or have existed?
- What possible evidence do we have so far
of past life on Mars?
- Why do we think of Jupiter's moon Europa
as a candidate for life forms?
- Why do we consider Saturn's moon Titan as
a candidate for life forms?
- Have we seen planets around any star other
than the Sun?
- How many planets have we seen orbiting other
stars so far?
- How do the extrasolar planets found so far
compare to the Earth?
- How can we tell that a distant star has a
planet orbiting around it?
- Can a planet orbit more than one star?
- Have we seen any other star with a planetary
- How could we find out if there is life on
a planet orbiting a distant star?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012