Review Checklist - Sample Questions
General and Exploration
- Where did Jupiter get its name from?
- Can Jupiter be seen with the naked eye?
- Where and at what time can Jupiter be seen
these days? (Check SkyGazer if you don't know.)
- How far is Jupiter from the Sun?
- How does Jupiter compare in size with the
- Is Jupiter a dense planet?
- How does Jupiter's composition differ from
that of the terrestrial planets?
- What does Jupiter look like from outside?
- What does it mean to say that Jupiter has
a "differential rotation"?
- Is Jupiter exactly spherical?
- Have spacecraft from Earth orbited Jupiter?
- Have spacecraft from Earth landed on Jupiter?
- Are there any active spacecraft on or around
Features and Interior
- What is the Great Red Spot?
- How big is the Great Red Spot on Jupiter?
- What is thought to be at the center of Jupiter?
- Where does Jupiter get most of its energy
- Does Jupiter emit radiation?
- Why might we say that Jupiter was nearly
Moons and Rings
- Does Jupiter have moons? How many?
- Which is the largest moon of Jupiter?
- What are the Galilean moons? How do they
differ from the other ones?
- What is remarkable about Jupiter's moon Io?
- What is the cause of Io's active volcanoes?
- What is interesting about Jupiter's moon
- In what sense are Jupiter's moons like a
miniature solar system?
- Does Jupiter have rings?
- How did Jupiter's ring form?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012