Review Checklist - Sample Questions
Comets and the Oort
- What are comets?
- What are the main differences between comets
- How large are the largest comets?
- In what direction does the tail of a comet
- Why can a comet have two tails?
- Where do comets come from?
- Can a comet swing by our part of the Solar
System more than once?
- How often does Halley's comet come close
to the Earth?
- What happens to comets over long periods
- Where did all the water on the Earth's surface
The Oort Cloud
- What is the Oort Cloud?
- How do comets from the Oort Cloud differ
from the Kuiper Belt ones?
- How far out from the Sun does the Oort Cloud
- How does the shape of the Oort Cloud differ
from that of the Kuiper Belt?
- Which are the farthest confirmed objects
in the solar system?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012