Review Checklist - Sample Questions
The Local Sky
- Why is the daytime sky blue?
- What is the zenith?
- What are altitude and azimuth?
- What is an arcminute?
- Approximately how many stars can we see with
the naked eye?
- What is the Sun?
- How far is the Sun from us?
- Which is the brightest star in the sky?
- What does it mean to say that two stars have
magnitudes 1 and 4?
- Why do stars "twinkle"?
- What is the best way to tell a planet from
- How many planets can we see with the naked
eye? Which ones?
- What is a galaxy?
- Can we see any galaxy with the naked eye?
- Are we inside a galaxy?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012