Review Checklist - Sample Questions
- Which is larger/smaller, an atom, a molecule,
a proton, a neutron, an electron?
- How large are atoms?
- What particles are inside an atom?
- What particles are inside an atom's nucleus?
- Why do protons and neutrons stick together
inside an atom's nucleus (and not repel each other)?
- How many different kinds of fundamental forces
are there in nature?
- Where are the electrons in an atom?
- Do electrons that are in atoms move in circles
around the nuclei?
- How many electrons does a neutral hydrogen
- How many electrons does a neutral helium
- What are isotopes?
- What are ions?
- Under what conditions do atoms become ions?
- Are the values of an electron's energy in
an atom restricted?
- What happens inside an atom when a photon
of light is emitted/absorbed?
- What is a molecule?
- Why can a molecule gain or lose energy in
more ways than an atom?
- Why does matter solidify when cooled down,
and not when heated up?
- In terms of atoms, what is the difference
between liquids and gases?
- What is a plasma?
- In a plasma, would you expect the atoms to
become positive or negative ions?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012