Review Checklist - Sample Questions
Energy, Heat and
- What is energy?
- What is kinetic energy?
- What is gravitational potential energy?
- In what sense is mass energy?
- What forms of energy do we consider to be
- What is thermal energy?
- Does a pen at rest on a desk have kinetic
energy? Potential energy? Mass energy?
- Does a baseball in flight have kinetic energy?
Potential energy? Mass energy?
- If an object is placed somewhere at rest,
will its energy depend on where it is placed?
- When a ball drops from a height and speeds
up, what kinds of energy are changing?
- When a fast moving ball crashes through a
window, what kinds of energy are changing?
- [When wood burns into ashes and smoke, what
kinds of energy change in the process?]
- [How does the Sun produce all the energy
we receive on Earth?]
- If thermal energy is motion of particles,
why is it different from kinetic energy?
- What happens inside all types of matter when
- Why does matter solidify when cooled down,
and not when heated up?
- What is the difference between temperature
- What is the lowest possible temperature that
can be reached?
- Can an object be heated without it changing
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012