Review Checklist - Sample Questions
Neutron Stars in General
- What is a neutron star? (What is it made
of, How does it form)
- Why are neutron star masses between 1.4 and
3 solar masses?
- What is the diameter of a typical neutron
- What keeps neutron stars from shrinking to
- Could you stand on the surface of a neutron
- Do neutron stars rotate?
- How can we see neutron stars? Why are they
difficult to see?
- What is a pulsar?
- How does a pulsar form?
- Name an example of pulsar.
- How fast do pulsars spin?
- What kinds of radiation do pulsars emit?
- How do we see a neutron star if it is isolated,
without another nearby star?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012