Review Checklist - Sample Questions
The Milky Way Galaxy
- What is a galaxy?
- What is the Milky Way?
- What parts is the Milky Way made of?
- Which astronomical objects are not found
in our galaxy?
- What kind of galaxy is the Milky Way?
- How does the content of the halo and the
- How do we know the size and shape of the
disk of our galaxy?
- How do we know the size of the halo of our
- How wide is the disk of the Milky Way?
- What part of our galaxy are we located in
- How far from the center of our galaxy are
- How long does it take for the Sun to orbit
the galaxy once?
- What are the spiral arms in our galaxy due
- What does the halo of our galaxy contain?
- What does the disk of the Milky Way contain?
- Why can't we study the central regions of
our galaxy with optical telescopes?
- What is at the center of the Milky Way?
- Why are we interested in how fast different
stars move around the center?
- How are the stars in the Milky Way moving?
- What are cosmic rays?
- What happens when a cosmic ray goes through
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012