Review Checklist - Sample Questions
- What is cosmology?
- Have astronomers located all the galaxies
in the observable universe?
- What evidence do we have that the universe
is now expanding?
- What unproven assumption do we make about
- Does the universe have a center?
- How old is the universe (how long since the
- What caused the big bang?
- Where did the big bang occur?
- What is Olbers' paradox?
- What evidence do we have that there was a
hot big bang?
- What did Penzias and Wilson discover in 1964?
- What existed before the big bang?
- Was all the matter in the universe really
concentrated at one point?
- What does it mean to say that galaxies move
without changing position?
- What happens to a wave moving around while
the universe expands?
- Is the universe finite or infinite?
- What determines whether the universe will
- What is the big crunch?
- What is the current opinion about the future
of the universe?
- According to what we see, is there enough
matter to make the universe recollapse?
- Why is it so hard to find out if the universe
will recollapse or not?
- What are wormholes?
- What is the present status of wormholes?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012