Review Checklist - Sample Questions
- Why are most stars we see in binary systems,
grups or clusters?
- What are the Pleiades?
- What is an open cluster?
- How many stars do open clusters usually have?
- What is Omega Centauri?
- What is a globular cluster?
- How many stars do globular clusters usually
- Are there globular clusters in our galaxy?
- How do the sizes (number of stars) of open
and globular clusters compare?
Ages of Clusters
- Why would we want to plot all stars of one
particular cluster in an HR diagram?
- How can you find out the age of a star cluster?
- In a star cluster, why do massive stars leave
the main sequence before low-mass stars?
- How old are the globular clusters, in our
- Which star clusters are usually older, in
- How do the ages of open and globular clusters
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012