Review Checklist - Sample Questions
General Questions, Types of
- Are stars orbiting around each other (in
a binary system) common?
- Can we tell that a "star" is actually
a binary system if we don't see both stars?
- What is a visual binary system?
- What is a spectroscopic binary system?
- What is an eclipsing binary system?
- Is Sirius a binary star? Is Mizar a binary
star? (What kind?)
- Why are binary stars useful in astronomy?
- How can we find out a star's mass?
- What is so special about the star Algol?
- Can the two stars in a binary system affect
each other's evolution?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012