Review Checklist - Sample Questions
- How do active galaxies different from normal
- What is most of the radiation from a normal
- What are the main types of active galaxies?
- What does a Seyfert galaxy look like?
- What does a radio galaxy look like?
- What is ultimately responsible for energy
emission in an active galaxy?
- How massive are the black holes in the cores
- Why are active galaxies much brighter than
- In what form does the energy from an active
galaxy reach us?
- What are quasars?
- Why are quasars called that way?
- How far are quasars from us?
- What is so special about quasars?
- How much energy do quasars emit, compared
to the Milky Way?
- To distinguish a quasar from an ordinary
star, what would you check first?
- What property of a quasar gives us a limit
on its size?
- Why don't we see any quasars nearby?
- What do we believe is the eventual fate of
- What can we conclude if we see two images
of the same quasar?
- How do gravitational lenses work?
- Why are gravitational lenses useful?
page by luca bombelli <bombelli at olemiss.edu>,
modified 29 sep 2012